Being a manager in your KnowledgeHound platform means you are now able to build out your insights platform. Everything from creation to organization to presentation is now at your fingertips.
Let's take a high-level look at the features:
• Create/rename/delete studies
• Tag and edit study metadata
• Build and customize study summaries
• Load files and data directly to a study
• Invite new users to the platform
• Promote other users to managers
• Set up and manage your data integrations
• Customize your portal branding (white-labeling available as an ad-on feature)
Creating a new study
To create a new study simply head to the Study library and click the button that says ""Add a new study". You will need to enter a study name, date and supplier. Click create and you're done.
Deleting a study
Managers cannot delete studies. Managers can only request to delete studies. By clicking on the trash can icon, a request is sent to Admins and the Admins then approve or deny the deletion request.
Understanding 'Edit mode'
Edit mode was created to allow one-click access to doing all things custom to a study. The 'Edit Mode' button can be found below the study name represented by the edit (pencil) icon.
Once in edit mode you now have the ability to add a cover photo files, metadata and to create engaging summaries.
Editing Study Metadata
To edit study metadata first enter 'Edit Mode'. Then navigate to the Files tab. You'll notice the metadata to the left looks different. You can now add metadata to all of the fields that are set up in the platform.
Add a cover photo
Add a cover photo simply by entering 'Edit Mode' and clicking the photo button to the right. We recommend using a photo that brings the study to life rather than a Powerpoint slide with text. Naturally photos crop to fill the space.
Creating a study summary
The summary tab is where all of the key study findings/KPIs etc come to life for your business partners to consume. Think of it as a super-simple web page builder. It consists of three parts, 1) a simple text-only summary 2) an insight section where you can add text, images and links to anything within or outside of KnowledgeHound. 3) Charts and documents from the study.
Let's dive into each of these sections.
1) Study summary - This text-only area can be filled with anything you'd like. We commonly see a brief overview of what this study was about or specific instructions for people visiting the study.
2) Insights section - This section is really for you to get creative and bring the study to life. Each insight can contain a combination of text, image and link. Say you want to link to an article or video on the web that you used in analysis, just add the link along with text or an image.
These links can be from inside of KnowledgeHound as well if you need to link to other studies, data points or documents.
3) Charts and documents - The final section contains specific data points and documents from the study. This section is incredibly powerful to bring the data you want people to see to life. To add a data point to a study dashboard use the add to story button on the analysis page when you have the data point visualized how you want. In the modal you'll see a new button for 'Add to study dashboard'. This will send the chart to the dashboard summary. Back on the summary tab you can now edit the position and title for all charts. This is especially great to show the data you want to users who might not normally have access to data inside of KnowledgeHound.
If you're interested in becoming a manager, reach out to your Insight Team lead or your dedicated KnowledgeHound Customer Success Manager.